Sunday, November 26, 2006

raced home in record time from Wiltshire (via Somerset and Wiltshire) yesterday to find I didn't A) want to go home, and B) want to go out for dinner in Notting Smell where I'd been invited. So where else to find solace than The Lodge in Clapham for a spot of cheeky latish-night cash mayhem.

'Only' risking £25 I sit down to discover everyone's gone mad. Straddling, blind calls, blind raises, blind drunkses, so I sit tight, raising 'pot' with anything half decent and chucking the rest. Still trying to get the hang of this Pot Limit malarkey, I hate the swings and the way its nigh on impossible if you're unlucky to force people off hands. Yeurrgh.

About 10pm and I signal to Rich that I want to go and we agree a couple more hands. Then I'm dealt JQh, one of my faves. I call a small raise from Jim and Terry and the flop comes 10-K-3, giving me an open ended straight draw, but with 2 clubs on board i'm wary of flush draws. Jim then raises £25 and Terry immediately calls. Now I'm thinking either one or both of them has a flush draw or has hit a set on the flop, either way stuffing me in the bumhole. I decide to fold purely for the reason its my last hand of the night. Naturally an Ace comes on the turn and i have my straight. The others bet out hoping for a club on the river but it doesn't come and Jim takes it down on high cards.

I'm mightily pissed off as I would have left the club about £200 in profit on that last hand alone but even though the rest of the table unanimously agreed that they'd have called, I was just thinking about my £35 profit on the night. I didnt want to spunk it in one hand and leave there cursing my luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home